
So many things to do, I've become a master of distraction and the difficult thing about that is that I know I have this thing in me that is dying to get out. Literally. I blame everybody but me. I am so afraid that it might never happen.
In the Gospel of Thomas it says: When you give rise to that which is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not give rise to it, what you do not have will destroy you.
I love this painting, not because I think it is beautiful or technically anywhere near perfect, but because I was able to paint it out in the open air, in Mendocino. I painted most of it in one day.
I just love when a painting comes together like that. I sat for hours in a cold wet field with a full sheet of unstretched watercolor paper as people and dogs nosed around me, but all I could see was the light and the beauty. I thought of my Grandmother who grew Calalilies and how much I miss her.
I strive to give rise to that in me because it came to me through her.
I have the desire to be saved so that in any small way I might make this world a better place, it is in no small part because of her kindness. I hope she knows the inspiration she gave me.

0 comments:
Post a Comment