There are worse obsessions, I guess.

|
Its the commitment I stress about. Its like starting any relationship or new work, how good it turns out will depend on how committed I am to it, and I don't know that I can be. The other side of it is that I know blogging can become obessive, which I've been know to be, and that's no good.

I have been advised that to start off I should not write more than I am willing to commit to on a regular basis. Obviously the whole concept of regular basis is foreign to me, but as with everything I'm doing to make my work "work" for me, something is better than nothing. That is my philosphy (since doing nothing hasn't gotten me very far), I will work toward consistency and hopefully find something interesting to say or see somewhere along the line. And if not, who really cares anyway. At least I'm doing something.

So, this is Bosh, an early influence. We had a print of the triptych in our living room from when I was about ten or 11, I was also very into Renessance art at the time. When I moved out my mother let me take it and I still have it now, too many years later than I care to recount.

I'm working on another dog picture. That sounds so trivial, and I'm not at all pleased with how it is turning out at this point so I'm not going to post it. I'm not too worried because I usually hate everything I do up to the point where I get sick of working on it and someone else says they like it. That seems so shallow, I know but it's true. Not always though, sometimes I actually like it as I'm doing it, which is the most fun. Hopefully more of that to come the more work I get to do.

The fact that I am so critical of my own work keeps me from being able to effectively promote it. Another thing I need to work on. Fortunately for me most people are very kind, even if they don't like it they find something nice to say.

The mural is on hold for now because I've been so busy, and now I'm starting to come down with a sore throat. At least the mural is at a good place even though it's not done. I'm worried I might not be able to get a good photo of it because the room is so small. I might have to use a wide-angle lens, which will probably distort it so I'm not sure that will work. I also need to get some lighting. It will be a lot of work to photograph properly I'm afraid.

It's back to sanding and staining the frames for my booth. Things are starting to come together with that at least. I hope I don't get sicker hanging out in the cold basement breathing poyurathane fumes.

0 comments: